- For which chargeback types the chargeback fee is applied?
A chargeback fee is applied in case of receiving a first and second chargeback.
- Does the merchant receive chargeback fee back in case of successful representment?
Chargeback fees are assessed by the bank-acquirer and are non-refundable. Even if the merchant disputes the chargeback, wins the case, and recovers lost revenue, the fee doesn't return to the merchant.
- How long does the representment process may take?
The representment process may take up to 90 days until the final status is received. After receiving the outcome the merchant can find it in Transation or Chargeback reports with chargeback type Chargeback_Reversal.
- What if the merchant is identified into card schemes Chargeback Monitoring Programmes?
If the merchant enters a Visa or Mastercard Chargeback Programme, it means that card association starts monitoring closely your business and considers it as risky. The merchant should be ready that Visa and Mastercard can apply fees and fins to the merchant. Also if the merchant remains in the programme without no improvements in the chargeback performance, the merchant can lose its account which will have a dramatic influence on the merchant's business.
- Are successfully represented chargebacks counted against my chargeback ratio?
Yes. After a chargeback is opened, it is counted against ratio. Regardless of the outcome of representment, it is not deducted from the ratio calculation.