There are several ways to catch fraudulent transactions that can lead to negative consequences both for a merchant and a bank. Timely detected fraud activity can save merchant's business from financial losses.
Merchant should be alarmed if:
- Customer's email address or domain is suspicious;
- Customer's IP address and credit card address mismatch;
- Customer's transaction IP is from the risky country;
- Shipping address is from the risky country;
- Customer is using a proxy;
- Customer tries to make a purchase with several credit cards in a short period of time;
- Many failed transactions in a short period of time;
- Customer tries to purchase an unusually large order;
- Customer uses fake information (fake name, phone number, email etc.)
Fraudster behaviour can be even more complicated, so sometimes it becomes difficult to control fraud activity.
As an additional tool, all Maxpay merchants are covered by our own advanced anti-fraud solution Covery, which provides a full range of protection: trust chain, rule-based scenarios, rule management system, machine learning engine, decision-making agent and risk policies. To learn more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.